Got all the ingredients to make my special chocolates again this year. Chocolate marzipan cherries.
- A tub of glacé cherries.
- A pack of marzipan - golden or white, it doesn't matter.
- Two to three 100g bars of Tesco or other supermarket value plain chocolate. DON'T use cooking chocolate it's god awful stuff. The value chocolate is only around 28p, but is at least proper stuff. If you'd rather use a more expensive dark chocolate, that's fine, but not necessary.
- Icing sugar to dust hands.
- Knead the marzipan so it's nice and soft.
- Break the chocolate into squares and put it into a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
- Now, break off a bit of marzipan and wrap it around a glacé cherry, completely enclosing it.
- Roll it between your palms to make it nice and round and seal it.
- Dust your hands with a little icing sugar if the marzipan sticks.
- Do the same for all the cherries.
- Now is the fun part. Dip each cherry into the melted chocolate, remove and let the excess drip off.
- Make sure the marzipanned cherry is completely covered, then put it onto a flat baking tray.
- When you've done them all, put the tray into the fridge for the chocolates to harden.
Remove and put into pretty boxes and cellophane bags tied with ribbon for gifts, or a container with a lid if keeping them for yourself.