This recipe is a bit of fun for us all to know what NOT to do when making our Christmas cakes!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons BP
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- lemon juice
- 2 cups dried fruit
- 2 tsp.salt
- mixed nuts
- 1 FULL bottle of your favourite whisky.
- Sample the whisky to check for quality.
- Take a large bowl (preferably to the kitchen). Check whisky again if slightly unsure of quality: pour one level cup and drink.
- Turn on the electric mixer. Beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp. sugar and beat again.
- Make sure the whisky is OK .Try another tup.
- Turn off the mixer, Break two legs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of fried duit. Mix on the turner.
- If the fried duit gets stuck in the beaters, pry it loose with screwdriver.
- Sample whisky for tonsisticity.
- Next shift two cups of salt or something. Who cares?
- Now sit the lemon juice and chop your nuts.
- Add one tableshpoon of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.
- Check no-one hash 'doctored' the whisky...
- Grease the oven. Turn the cake to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat the turner.
- Throw the bowl out of the window.
- Go to bed.
Who the heck likes fruit cake anyway????!
Taken from an original 'doctored' recipe with apologies.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS OAPSCHATTERS !
(Best read out loud by someone who has just been to an office party!)
N.B I would just like to add that the main photo is the super Christmas cake my sister, Margaret James made in 2013- this ALL was eaten!! (Jan)