Here is an excellent vegetarian curry which is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. The following recipe will serve two - three people.
- I large aubergine, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of fruit chutney
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in a little hot water
- 150 tub of Greek yoghurt - I use fat free to keep the calorie and fat count down.
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder, depending on spice preference
- Fresh coriander
Dry fry the curry powder and chilli in a pan until the aromas are released. Add the onion and aubergine, stir to coat in the spices, then cover and let steam for a few minutes.
Add the chickpeas, chutney, tomatoes and stock. Stir well, then cover and simmer for around 30 minutes. If it's too thick, add a little more water, but don't forget you'll be adding the yoghurt later.
Remove from heat, stir through all the yoghurt and some fresh coriander.
Serve with rice, bread or vegetables and enjoy!