Here is my version of roast leg of lamb. I buy my joints of meat from a "proper" butcher (Andre Gourmet in Torrevieja). It may seem expensive but, there is always enough for two days meals for two people and usually some remaining for a snack or a sandwich.
- Leg of lamb, "spiked" with garlic and rosemary
- 12 mini plum tomatoes
- Runner beans sliced
- Stick of celery sliced (same size as beans)
- Potatoes for roasting (whole medium size, or large quartered)
- Red onions quartered
- Squash peeled and cut into big chunks
This leg was quite big and I planned to cook it for 2 hours altogether
- Heat oven to 175˚c
- Place the leg in a roasting tin, and drizzle olive oil over (make sure you get it on the garlic and rosemary - these will get very well done, but they are just for flavour, not eating)
- Place meat in lower part of oven.
- After 1 hour put in potatoes, onions and squash. (drizzled with olive oil)
- After 1.5 hours put tomatoes, beans and celery around the meat. There should be lots of lovely juices, so make sure the veg is well coated.
- After about twenty more minutes, take the meat out to let it rest.
We usually eat it without gravy, but the pan juices are wonderful.