Here is an excellent vegetarian curry which is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. The following recipe will serve two - three people.
- I large aubergine, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of fruit chutney
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in a little hot water
- 150 tub of Greek yoghurt - I use fat free to keep the calorie and fat count down.
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder, depending on spice preference
- Fresh coriander
Dry fry the curry powder and chilli in a pan until the aromas are released. Add the onion and aubergine, stir to coat in the spices, then cover and let steam for a few minutes.
Add the chickpeas, chutney, tomatoes and stock. Stir well, then cover and simmer for around 30 minutes. If it's too thick, add a little more water, but don't forget you'll be adding the yoghurt later.
Remove from heat, stir through all the yoghurt and some fresh coriander.